Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Prospective New Member Intro

Prospective New Member Intro 2 years 10 months ago #1559

• Kennydale
  • Kennydale's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Been looking to become a member for two years. Happy to have gotten an invite to join. I am 65 I have only been shooting for about three years. Have CHL for 2 1/2 years. I have a small assortment of handguns. 3 Glocks and two Rugers. Hope to acquire an AR sometime soon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Prospective New Member Intro 2 years 10 months ago #1560

• Vern
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Looks like every one is asleep including me but let me be the first to say, welcome and enjoy the range.

Every day I wake up and find I’m surprised at the fact that I’m not surprised by government action, or lack thereof!

Prospective New Member Intro 2 years 10 months ago #1561

• JimC
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 63
Look forward to having you.

Prospective New Member Intro 2 years 10 months ago #1562

• perryburrow
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Glad to be invited, I am 41 lived in SE Texas most of my life, also I have 3 sons ages 17, 13, and 10 that I will enjoy having a nice place to take to the range and practice becoming better shooters. I did have a couple questions to which I was hoping to get an answer. Are there holders on the pistol and rifle ranges at several distances? Also if there are would they be at several distances in the same lane? Just curios while I was thinking of building frames just thought it would help me in my design. Also I saw in the rules where it states you can only have 1 guest badge the first year does that include family members, or does that mean only 1 family member/ guest can come with me the first year? Also in the future is there a fee for each family member to receive a badge. Thanks for any information you can provide in advance, and have a good day!

Prospective New Member Intro 2 years 10 months ago #1563

• JimC
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 63
Perry,

The first year you will be allowed only 1 guest badge period. After your probationary (first year) period then you can purchase a family membership for $35.00 that will include your wife and 3 sons. And then you will also be able to purchase up to 3 guest badges.

No target holders are provided on the pistol bays or the 200 yard rifle range. We have target "stands" that you put your own target holders in. Wood or pvc holders with legs on 24" centers. About 5' high works well.

We will go over all the target frame requirements at the orientation.

Jim

Prospective New Member Intro 2 years 10 months ago #1564

• perryburrow
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for clearing up the guest badge question.....but what I am not clear on about the target frames is should I fabricate a base for the frame to stand on its own or is there holes in the ground to place the frames into......sorry for my confusion just needed to know for my frame design.....I wasn't sure if there were already holes for the legs or do you guys fabricate bases at the bottom.....thanks for your help

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds