Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: membership test

membership test 4 years 1 week ago #1360

• Pops
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Okay I took the test and passed it. No trick questions very simple test if you combine knowledge of the rules and common sense. I will admit I was not able to get to the pay by credit card part. I will also admit I like paying by check but I'm willing to work with any system once it is up and running. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

membership test 4 years 1 week ago #1359

• Vern
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37

We want to keep all our good members whether they be 21 or 80........ And I know 21 year olds and 80 year olds that operate on the internet, with websites just fine. Right Mr. Vern?

Hey! I may date back to one of the prehistoric eras, and often forget what it was that I got up to go do. But just think of a computer as a really large smart phone that most carry! And you want to talk about butter fingers, just what would you like for me to teach you on that subject?

Every day I wake up and find I’m surprised at the fact that I’m not surprised by government action, or lack thereof!

membership test 4 years 1 week ago #1358

• guns3733@yahoo.com
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
And this will be up ,and running when? I am not happy about putting my CC card on a system that we don't seen to make work properly. Just can't wait to see what else can complicate the renewal process. thanks for allowing me to vent. God Bless #99.

membership test 4 years 1 week ago #1357

• guns3733@yahoo.com
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
:angry:

membership test 4 years 2 weeks ago #1351

• JimC
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 68
One more bit in follow up.............

All of YOUR directors want nothing more than what is best for our club. We are working towards the maintenance of the future of OUR club. Preservation of our club is our number one goal and mission.

By working to make things better for OUR club, we are trying to make things better for our members, after all we directors are members too.

We do not, nor will we ever, make any rules that we don't have to abide by just the same as all members.

There is always change, there will always be change, we will work through it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pops

membership test 4 years 2 weeks ago #1348

• JimC
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 68
Thanks for your input!

First thing to remember is that they are OUR members, not MY members.

I am certain that EVERYONE just wants to go to the range and shoot, me too. But dadgummit somebody has to do all the Bi#*@work that keeps this club up and running.

I guess we could do away with this horrible web site stuff if YOU wanted to handle all the membership issues at the club? Can we sign you up?

Now all kidding aside, and I was kidding.

We volunteered to be on the board, we where not drafted but man, once this is set up and running it's gonna be good for OUR club.

Did you notice that we only had one member run for a board position? Last year we had no one? It's work to keep BASC open. I don't know whether you realize this or not but BASC is a Texas corporation, we have bills to pay, filings to keep up with, taxes to deal with, records to keep and the range maintenance to take care of and members to take care of. Most of us have full time jobs, families and businesses to run. We do this solely because we care about our club and our members.

Taking care of the membership records is the biggest job at BASC. It takes a bunch of time and in the past we had two Board members that dedicated themselves to taking care of this. Both of these men where retired and for the 3 months of the renewals they took hand written applications and manually entered all the info into the data base and printed badges and mailed sticker for around 800 members.

Then if we fell below the cap and had an orientation. They manually entered all the handwritten applications into the data base and printed badges and mailed sticker for up to 150 new members.

They both left the Board for health reasons, handling membership probably did them in!

Gentlemen, that was cumbersome and time consuming! This change will eliminate all that manual work. It will eliminate any transcription errors. No renewal applications will get lost in the mail. You will get an email notice that your renewal has been received.

Once you get set up on the website, this ain't gonna be hard! I have tested it several times myself and I think it's easier than the manual method.

How many of you already purchase things over the internet? It's not gonna be any harder than that.

We want to keep all our good members whether they be 21 or 80........ And I know 21 year olds and 80 year olds that operate on the internet, with websites just fine. Right Mr. Vern?

The sites software works just fine for the majority. It must work for you?

Will there be bugs? Yes! Will we fix them? Yes!

To tell you the truth Scott. I am appalled that we have so many members that have never registered on the website....... Where do they get the rules? How do they know what is going on? We are a Club, much more than a gunrange......

Jim Cochran
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pops

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds