Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: membership test

membership test 4 years 1 week ago #1371

• Vern
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Ok, now don’t nobody go calling me the sharpest knife in the drawer or my waking up of a morning allows the sun to rise. But this new renewal process has got me flumbooseled! (that’s redneck for confused)!

1: You take the test and pass.

2: You then go to the payment site and fill out all the information and get a receipt.

3: You then go looking for an application form and can’t find it! :(

Does that mean that points 1 and 2 have already reaffirmed your membership and you can continue playing with the big boys?

Keep in mind that I hold a “Senior, Senior Citizen lifetime membership card” so all reply’s should be gentle. I may be slow but I got’s feelings. :P
Every day I wake up and find I’m surprised at the fact that I’m not surprised by government action, or lack thereof!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wworden

Please Log in to join the conversation.

membership test 4 years 1 week ago #1365

• JimC
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 68
Gentlemen,

We now have 18 renewed! Thank you for all your effort Bill!

Sorry about the confusion fellas, and any inconvenience it may have caused.

As far as the concern about the credit card numbers on a system that doesn't work too well............. The quiz and the Application are on the BASC "system" all the payment info is on a module linked to our system from PayPal. All of the payment, Paypal or credit card is handled off of our site totally through Paypal.

There was a notation for offline payment, this was an error on our part. All payments will be online.

Thanks for all your support, we ( the BOD) are trying our best to keep our club functioning and functioning well.

We will keep doing everything in our power to make BASC the best it can be. Change is always tough, but we are tougher.

Jim

membership test 4 years 1 week ago #1364

• billw210
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Bugs should be worked out now so the test is online.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JimC

membership test 4 years 1 week ago #1363

• Vern
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
I was just snooping on the site and found this. Pops, you may be interested in what I have highlighted.

The new Membership registration is being worked on and will be available soon.
Some bugs in the registration and payment interface are currently being worked on.
You will have the option of paying with a PayPal account,or if you do not have a PayPal account you can pay with a credit card without having to create one.

There will also be an offline payment option where you may register online then send in your payment by check, for those who do not like to send
payment information over the internet

This will how ever take a little longer to process your registration and activate the membership

No doubt in my mind this issue will be fixed in time to make the registration deadline!
Every day I wake up and find I’m surprised at the fact that I’m not surprised by government action, or lack thereof!

Last edit: by Vern.

membership test 4 years 1 week ago #1362

• llhobbs
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Vern, I've taken it 2 times in the last 2 days and get the same page when I'm finished. System still has a few bugs in it.
L

membership test 4 years 1 week ago #1361

• Vern
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Your passing of the test is good news, glad to hear it! Also I really do understand the apprehension on the credit card issue. Over the years I have had to have a couple reissued due to information hacking. You would think that as far as computer programs have come over the last twenty five years (remember trying to use DOS based systems?) that someone would have come up with a security system that would fry a computer that was trying illegal information gathering.

I tried to take the test and it seemed simple enough but when finished and hit the last button it sent me to a page saying something like “temporarily down due to issues”. I’ll try again later.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds