Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 200 yard plates

200 yard plates 5 years 3 months ago #88

• Walt52
  • Walt52's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sorry to hear about the 200 yard plates.Unfortunately the people doing this are usually there alone and will be hard to catch.This is probably a good idea as we cannot take the risk of loosing our club in case of a mishap.Will the plates still be up at the long range side.The shooters who qualified for that side are more likely to be more responsible.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

200 yard plates 5 years 3 months ago #93

• hkmp5s
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Did some one intentionally break them or did they just wear out from being shot? I was under the impression the welds broke on account of it being a bad design.

200 yard plates 5 years 3 months ago #94

• Mike1951
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Numerous designs have been tried.

All have failed due to members targeting the hangers.

Please don't overlook the egregious safety violation that occured this time after the plates had fallen.

Idiots laid the plates on the berm and continued shooting them with no concern for where the bullets would land.

200 yard plates 5 years 3 months ago #95

• hkmp5s
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Mike1951 wrote:
Idiots laid the plates on the berm and continued shooting them with no concern for where the bullets would land.

I guess you can't fix stupid. I hope they don't get rid of them. I enjoy ringing the steel.

200 yard plates 5 years 3 months ago #96

• Dave A
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
We will continue to maintain the Long Range Steel, either by myself, Jim and Ken, or the fine members that fabricated and installed them, or a combination thereof. We don't have any problems on that end of the range.

"A gun is not a weapon Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher knife, or a harpoon, ... or an alligator."
- Homer Simpson

200 yard plates 5 years 3 months ago #98

• Walt52
  • Walt52's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I agree Dave.Most of the steel problems we have had are at the 200 yd berm.call me on my cell or let me know when work is needed .If I am not working,I will help you.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds